Buildings Insurance

Home Emergency Cover and Family Legal Protection free in your first year when you buy combined Home Policy

Defaqto 2019


What is buildings insurance?

Buildings insurance covers the structural aspects of your home, for example the walls, ceilings, bathroom, and windows. If you’re a home owner, buildings insurance is there to protect you against large repair bills if your home is significantly damaged, by events such as flood or fire.

This type of insurance tends be a requirement when paying a mortgage, as the lender wants to ensure their investment in your home is protected should the worst happen.

The cost of buildings insurance can vary depending on the materials your home is built out of and a lot of other factors too. So if you’re asking yourself the question ‘how much is buildings insurance?’ the quickest way to find out is get an online buildings insurance quote.

What does buildings insurance cover with esure?

Your biggest asset is your home, and buildings insurance is designed to protect you should you ever face a large repair bill. Especially if something catastrophic were to happen, like subsidence. With esure you can rest assured our cover is rated as one of the best quality policies on the market by independent financial researcher Defaqto.

Off 0

What events am I covered for?

If any of your home is damaged and you want to make a claim the damage has to be covered by what we call an ‘insured event’. Some of the events we cover are:

  • Fire
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Storm/flood
  • Lightning
  • Explosion
  • Subsidence and heave
  • Water leaks
  • Impact


Please refer to the policy booklet for more information on all the events we cover.


Do I need to buy both buildings and contents insurance?

We can’t give you a direct answer to this question as it all depends on your living arrangements and what you think you need. If you buy both buildings and contents insurance you have cover that protects your home and your belongings.

Don’t forget with esure you can buy both policies together at a discount. Please refer to our policy document for more information.



Boost your cover

Family Legal Protection

Add free in your first year - when you buy combined Buildings and Contents insurance

Access to expert lawyers with up to £50,000 of legal costs cover for you and family. Events covered include employment tribunals, damages for personal injury, jury cover, and more.

If you ever use Family Legal Protection your No Claim Discount won’t be affected.

Home Emergency Cover

Add free in your first year - When you buy combined Buildings and Contents insurance 

Make one call to us and we'll arrange for a tradesman to visit your home and carry out emergency repairs. Call-out charge, labour cost, parts and materials to a limit of £500 (including VAT), are covered by esure.

If you do need to make a call out, No Claim Discount won’t be affected.

Personal Possessions

Personal Possessions Cover

Get your things covered when you take them outside your home. This is useful for helping to protect your jewellery, phone, and other valuable belongings you keep with you when you’re on the move.

Pest Cover

Pest Cover

No-one wants to have to deal with an infestation and if you buy our pest cover you won’t have to. We cover exterminations up to £150 for wasps, hornet nests, mice, rats, and squirrels. Extermination cover is extended up to £200 for bedbugs.

Annual Travel

Annual Travel Insurance

Long-haul or last minute our travel insurance is worldwide, with a choice of flexible cover levels. Plus access to a 24/7 emergency holiday helpline.